The rundown on the runway action.
2016 marked one of the best Telstra Perth Fashion Festivals and proved to be another momentous occasion for Perth’s fashion scene. This year the incredible line up of local, national and international designer talent transformed Western Australia into a hub of excitement and into a new found realm of runway delivery. As the fashion forward goers flocked to Fashion Paramount, the buzz filled the air with anticipation of what was about to grace the runway.
Impeccable as always, the week was successfully delivered by the hard working teams behind all the action. Seeing the hustle of back of house in addition to personally knowing some of the individuals behind making it all happen, only then you can truly appreciate the extent in which the shows are professionally produced. The main program of runway shows presenting the most dynamic calendar of events to date consisted of Opening Night, Adam Heath: 5o Years of Australian Fashion & Music, WA Designer Capsule, Myer Fashion Lunch, Manning Cartell, International Runway: Whole9Yards, Future Runway, One Fell Swoop, Empire Rose, New Generation, Flannel and Closing Night: The Art of Fashion.
All images courtesy of Ryan Ammon Photography
Each show baring it’s own highlights, the inspiring designer pieces were welcomed with gawking eyes and gaping mouths encouraging excitement as well as encapturing the audience in a different atmosphere each time. The most talked about presentations were depicting of another spectacular year, solidifying TPFF’s reputation as one of Australia’s premier fashion events, are as follows;
- The refreshing unseen collection presented by International designer Daniel Ngoo of Whole9Yards complete with their signature use of lace and feminine tailored pieces.
- Jennifer Hawkins making an appearance at the Myer Fashion Lunch with her friendly smile and her stunning persona.
- The ultra femme meets grunge rock chic styled bomber jackets and sequinned tailored pants in a spray of metallic hues strutted down the runway on female and male models – course the topless male models were obsessed over as they took on the catwalk extravaganza Empire Rose style, ending with a standing ovation celebrating the label’s 20th year in fashion.
- The impressive upcoming designers who allowed their development of designs take over Fashion Festivals runway engulfed the audience in creativity and acknowledgement for their achievements at Future Runway with the Costume and Evening Wear categories being the most enthralling.
- The play between eerie stillness and movement as the room was filled with swirling smoke that created a haunting territory for silk wraps embodying the female form was the celebration of One Fell Swoop’s new collection.
- The electric vibe filled air when Telstra Perth Fashion Festival came to a tremendous end after a 12 piece orchestra played, live opera sang and stunning millenary bespoke items galvanised the runway.
The exhilarating week of fashion was another experience to remember and I was grateful to be a part of Perth’s fashion festival again this year.